- Fast, In Memory, pure C# ( without SQL) database fully integrated into Unity 3D
- Selective import/export from/to Excel/OpenOffice and Google Sheets (some restrictions apply)
- Integration with visual scripting tools: Unity Visual Scripting (Bolt), Playmaker, Flow Canvas, Node Canvas, Behavior Designer, UNode, Game Creator.
- Powerful Code Generation
- Selective Save/Load during game session
- Over 50 field types, including relations and nested tables.
Support for loading Unity assets from Resources, AssetBundles and Addressables system
- Data binders with UI Toolkit support
- Graph editor for calculated and action fields and graph binders
- Hook up any GameObject to table row by adding a special component or reference the row with a field
- Runtime data editor
- Ability to create your own custom field.
- Merge tool for multi-user environment (for reviewing and selectively applying the differences between 2 databases)
- Live update from Google sheets
- Support for modding with Modding addon
- Auto-import data from Excel file in Editor and at runtime (details)
- No runtime dependencies, DLL file size around 1Mb.
- Downloadable plug-ins and example projects
- Lazy loading
- Flexible event system
- Multithreading is partially supported with multithreading addon. Some restrictions apply. Read more here.
Restrictions and limitations:
- BGDatabase is a client-side database, which runs inside Unity only. It can not be used in any server environment
- BGDatabase is a in-memory database, which loads the whole data in memory. This means that the size of the database should not be too big. It's really hard to tell what the upper limits are, cause different fields have different memory usage and it's possible to create a huge database with only one single cell, but in some cases you may need to pay attention to how big your database file is. Just for the reference- a database with 10 tables with 50 000 rows and 10 int fields each takes ~26Mb on hard drive and starts getting too big for in-memory database.
- GUI overview
- GUI tips and tricks
- How to use
- Code examples
- Basic 3D example project with text manual
- Basic 2D example project with video tutorial
- Advanced example project (Inventory system)
- 05/2022 BGDatabase v.1.7.5 Views and view relations
- 12/2021 BGDatabase v.1.7.1 Many tables relational fields
- 06/2020 BGDatabase v.1.5.9 What is new?
- 03/2020 BGDatabase v.1.5.6 What is new?