- Fast, In Memory, pure C# ( without SQL) database fully integrated into Unity 3D
- Selective import/export from/to Excel/OpenOffice and Google Sheets (some restrictions apply)
- Integration with visual scripting tools: Unity Visual Scripting (Bolt), Playmaker, Flow Canvas, Node Canvas, Behavior Designer, UNode, Game Creator.
- Powerful Code Generation
- Selective Save/Load during game session
- Over 50 field types, including relations and nested tables.
Support for loading Unity assets from Resources, AssetBundles and Addressables system
- Data binders with UI Toolkit support
- Graph editor for calculated and action fields and graph binders
- Hook up any GameObject to table row by adding a special component or reference the row with a field
- Runtime data editor
- Ability to create your own custom field.
- Merge tool for multi-user environment (for reviewing and selectively applying the differences between 2 databases)
- Live update from Google sheets
- Support for modding with Modding addon
- Auto-import data from Excel file in Editor and at runtime (details)
- No runtime dependencies, dll size ~650Kb.
- Downloadable plug-ins and example projects
- Lazy loading
- Flexible event system
- Multithreading is supported with multithreading addon. Some restrictions apply. Read more here.
- BGDatabase is a client-side database, which runs inside Unity only. It can not be used in any server environment
- GUI overview
- GUI tips and tricks
- How to use
- Code examples
- Basic 3D example project with text manual
- Basic 2D example project with video tutorial
- Advanced example project (Inventory system)
- 05/2022 BGDatabase v.1.7.5 Views and view relations
- 12/2021 BGDatabase v.1.7.1 Many tables relational fields
- 06/2020 BGDatabase v.1.5.9 What is new?
- 03/2020 BGDatabase v.1.5.6 What is new?