Export/import to GoogleSheets at runtime. Some restrictions apply (read below)
This plugin is not meant to work on multiple devices simultaneously.
Use it only if you have one, single device, reading/writing information from/to GoogleSheets spreadsheet
- Install BGDatabase (version >= 1.5.11)
- Install GoogleSheets Editor plugin
- Install this plug-in
- Move (not copy!) all DLL files under folder
Assets\BansheeGz\BGDatabaseGoogleSheetsEditor\Editor\Libsto runtime assembly (let's say to
Assets/GDataV4folder, we will use this folder as a reference, but this can be any folder not under Editor folder)
- Move (not copy!) the following DLL file
Assets\BansheeGz\BGDatabaseGoogleSheetsEditor\Editor\Scripts\BGDatabaseEditorGoogleSheets.dll. to the same folder (
- Now we need to replace Newtonsoft.Json.dll with its AOT variant.
- Select any single DLL file under moved folder
Assets/GDataV4. Mark it to target Any platform in Inspector. Make sure "Excluded platforms" are unchecked. Also uncheck "Validate references" (use the screenshot as a reference). Hit
- Create GoogleSheets datasource in BGDatabase window (under DataSources tab) and fill in all required parameters
Assets\BGDatabaseGoogleSheetsRuntime\BGGoogleSheetsManagerGo.cscomponent to any GameObject inside your scene
- Copy all settings from GoogleSheets datasource (you created at step 8 to BGGoogleSheetsManagerGo script settings
Enable Settingparameter if you want to setup which tables/fields need to be updated. Settings are similar to Merge settings
- Run the scene, expand "GoogleSheets>>" button and press "Export" or "Import" button
- There is also an option to disable BGGoogleSheetsManagerGo's GUI and call
BGGoogleSheetsManagerGo.Importmethods from your own scripts. Note, the task runs on separate thread and may take several frames to complete.
|0.9Beta||July 17, 2020||Beta development|